Tribute to my Children

I planted a sapling
   In my garden
Tended it watered it
   Patted it pampered it
Expecting it to bloom
   It grew but not tall
It grew but did not bloom.

The weeds around
   Hindered it tampered it
Frightened it crumpled it
   Crushed it destroyed it.
My folds could never
   Help it to bloom
Every support at its fall
   stiffened its wing
It failed to fly.

Uproot Yes! Re-plantation
   Strengthened its wing
   Alone it struggled
   To fly high above the clouds
   To swim in deep sea
   To fight the deadly
   To stand alone apart
   To speak for its right
   To set herself on path
   To progress To strive.

Bloom my child
Shine my child
Grow my child
Let my lamp dimly
   Lit for thy
Let every step forward
   Make it glow
Glow glow glow until
   It sets to sparkle
World around.  

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIRROR

DAWN TO DUSK